Custom Estimate Forms

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by JimLewis, Jan 13, 2004.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Hey guys. I have always created and printed my own Estimate Forms in the past. I think ours look better than most but I think I'd like to take it up a notch this year and go with some really professional looking, printed estimate forms.

I checked out the NEBS website and they have some nice looking stuff. That's the look I am after. But the ones they have are too generic. I want to be able to take a pre-formated form like the NEBS estimate form and then alter it to suit my business. I'd alter some of the wording, maybe in the price area I'd put "price / month" instead. Stuff like that.

Anyone know a company online who will allow me to do this?

2. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I don't remember who referred this site to me, but have found some useful forms on it. Let me know if you come up with some better forms. I'm always looking for ways to improve upon the old.
    www.lawnandlandscape.com

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Jim, are you currently using a local printer to make triplicate copies of your contracts you designed? We designed our own to suit our needs and take them to the local kwik kopy or Kinkos for printing. I think having your logo and necessary info is professional enough.

4. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

Jim I sent you an email showing mine.

For 1000 copies in three part form(carbonless) was $145. It was also black and white.
    I made my own form with my logo and all using microsoft word saved it to a disk and gave it to the printer.

5. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

I did something similar to beck.

I took an example proposal form that I got from NEBS and altered it to my needs. I then took it to a local printer and had three part (carbonless) forms printed.

6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi jimlewis,

If you would like, maybe we could help you out with this. Post your request on our tech forum and we describe what you want changed. I will have one of the artists do it for you for free. Just let them know that you were referred to post it by Team Gopher.

Thanks!

7. JimLewis

Team Gopher, I'd like that.

I went to your site, registered, logged in, but now it's telling me I am not allowed to make posts? What the heck???

Sorry, you do not have permission to start a topic in this forum

You are currently logged in as jimlewis

8. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

Jim, Nebs will do what ever you want to there forms or create new ones for you.

9. JimLewis

Oh cool! I wondered if they would. I guess I should have checked into it. I'll check that out now.

10. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Jim I've used NEBS for 4 years....they are fabulous to work with.
    And even if YOU make an error in approving the final draft and then they send you the order, if you are not 100% satisifed, they will reprint the order, with the corrections, for NO charge and mail them to you. I know since I overlooked an error in a phone number.

This outfit really has their act together and they are a pleasure to work with.