1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Custom Landscape Concepts, LLC

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Custom Landscape Concepts, Mar 7, 2010.

1. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Just noticed your new pics man, everything looks good. Nice Scag and that plow looks sick on the dump.

How does the Scag bag leaves? Any blowout around the deck?

2. Custom Landscape Concepts

Custom Landscape Concepts LawnSite Member

Thanks man. The scag has the advantage deck with the adjustable baffle system which I didnt know about until after fall cleanups this past season. It did pretty well for us prolly picking up 90% of leaves on thicker grass and 60% on thin grass or dirt areas. Once we found out about the baffle we lowered it down to the lowest level over the winter and will use it for spring cleanups hopefully picking up almost everything with minimal blowout no matter what type of ground we are on.

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Wow that's really nice. It ticks me off spending upwards of $5k for commercial equipment and having deal with blowout when my grandpap's MTD lawn tractor sucks up leaves from a mile away. But that's good you found that baffle; hopefully it'll help out.

4. stuntmanlogan

stuntmanlogan LawnSite Senior Member

Nice shop! What's the dimensions? And nice dump truck.

5. Custom Landscape Concepts

Its about 18 X 45 with an 8' Door. Wish it had a 10' door but we get by without it for now.

6. Custom Landscape Concepts

I agree with that 100% I see that all the time and they paid a quarter of the price of what guys like us pay for commercial equipment.

7. TopNotchLawnCare

TopNotchLawnCare LawnSite Member
    from IL

Very nice shop!

8. Southern Pride

Southern Pride LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Memphis

I remember you. I always keep count of the young guys out there doing it big, and most importantly, doing it right. I'd love to see actual equipment pics. You may have posted them I only made it a couple pages deep but that new open trailer is immaculate. I want to bump up to something this size when I get a walker, or ztr but for now I love sliding my 5x12 in the garage.

Reminds me of what I could have done at your age. Had it all laid out in front of me but instead I went off to college. Started finally at 23, retained alot of old customers and this is my second year in business so hopefully by my 3rd year I will be somewhere close to where you're at. How many accounts do you maintain?

9. Custom Landscape Concepts

Thanks buddy

10. Custom Landscape Concepts

Thanks man. We maintain about 30 residential accounts and 7 commerical properties (5 Dunkin Dounts, Small Condo complex, single office building). I started the business while I went to college full time and gave up a lot of the college experience to do that. Ill be 23 in May and Im starting to see a little payoff from all the work during school. Its still big payments for equipment and upkeep but I can see the light haha.