Custom Landscape Website Design

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by thelandscapeninjas, Oct 9, 2012.

1. thelandscapeninjas

thelandscapeninjas LawnSite Member

Hello, I just launched a website for our new landscape business in Austin, TX. We got a custom website design from pagesovernight.com, a web marketing company in Austin. Could anyone please give us recommendations to add / remove anything that should or should not be online?

2. greg8872

greg8872 LawnSite Senior Member

what is the URL?

3. acculawnsystems

acculawnsystems LawnSite Member

I would add a link to AcculawnSystems.com that will allow for you to give instant online quotes. You can see what the homeowner will see at AccuLawncare.com. Also, a good examples is memphisbestmowing.com.

4. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

This post is like the nexus of the universe, at 1st and First.

5. tonygreek

In case you're not aware, in looking at your site, it looks as if you were sold what is actually a free templatemonster.com theme, one that doesn't work very well, and is in no way custom.

In Chrome/IE/Firefox, it's not rendering correctly. I don't know how much I would be recommending them.

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

7. tonygreek

If your post is legit, I would recommend making sure you have control over your domain name. In searching your domain registration, you seem to have been registered by your site's "design" firm, as you both show the same registration and name servers, as well as your sites reside on the same server.

The reason I caution you about controlling your own domain is that your design company's domain name is currently up for auction on GoDaddy Domain Auctions. This is in no way confidence inspiring as to the longevity or direction of what they seem to be doing.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  8. tonygreek

Speaking of...

your fax number on your lawnninja site is +1 512 206 4202

your site designer's fax number is (512) 206-4202, per their google+ account.

Well, this was fun...

(this is one I hope the mods leave up. hopefully google searchers background check them and wind up here.)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

lol.............

10. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV