Custom Lawn Spray Trailer

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by scweedman, Mar 17, 2008.

1. scweedman

scweedman LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone customized a open trailer? I wan't to rebuild a trailer with spray tanks
    place for fert. out the weather. Pictures would be great.

2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we thought of it for tree an shrub apps with a small trailer and small unit, but never did, sorry. i always thought it would be good for those who cant have two trucks and still need there truck bed and a trailers is cheaper than a second truck.

3. scweedman

I can't seem to get away from trailers when i use PG's.Trailers just seem to work
    for me.

4. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

I'm "working" on one now. I have a 300gal Bean sprayer (R2020) that is trailer mounted now but was for ag spraying and isn't street legal. debating on whether to disassemble it and attach it to an open trailer or get the right axles assorted stuff to make it street legal on it's own. Also have 2 30gal cones tanks and a Bean R10 that I want to mount to the same trailer.

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a 14x6 tandem axle trailer I had Ponderosa trailers build for me. It has a back gate and a driver side gate. I have a 300 gal sprayer mounted over the tandem axles. They custom built a tongue box as part of the package. The side gate is perfect for pulling my PG in, My ATV or a pallet of fert. The only drawback is there is no place to keep fert dry and dead end streets with no cul-de-sac suck. Other than that, I love it, it's a work horse.

6. scweedman

I want to build something that keeps the fert dry but want cause it to sweat.
    Right now i have a 50 gal sprayer and PG. And Two blowers and about 6 backpack sprayers
    But with 20 bags of fert its alot of weight.