Custom License Plate Ideas

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JimLewis, Sep 27, 2007.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I am ordering a vanity plate for the company work truck that I drive. And I am asking for ideas.

I already registered and paid for IRRIG8, but it turns out that even though that plate isn't on a vehicle in this state, it's still owned by someone for 6 more months. So that one is out - for now.

Just looking for some other clever plate names relating to landscaping or irrigation.

Rules are it has to be no more than 6 digits. You can use letters or a combination of letters and or numbers. Also, I can insert a dash or a space anywhere one time.

I guess it could be company related. Like I could do LLS ONE or LLS CEO or something like that. But that's not very clever, it's just vain. And I don't really want it for vanity reasons. I just wanted to have something clever to get people's attention. So I'd rather have something landscape or irrigation related.

Any ideas?

2. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

LEW4U

LEWS4U

LEWS01....02, 03....

BIG LEW

LEW CRW

LEW IRG

GO2WWW

LEW.COM

LEW SCP

HKI LEW (HOKIE LEW) :)

-my plate reads 'WRKN HKI'.....informs and gets attention, i just did it because i like it

-on my International i wanted tags but i don't think i've seen personal truck tags so i think that is a no no here........i wanted: 'BIG BLU' or 'BLNG KG' or 'ROCK H20'

3. JimLewis

Yah, again, not really wanting something that highlights my name. I am looking for something more landscaping or irrigation related.

Here are a few I came up with this evening;

IDIG4U

BIG ROX

LS-XLNC

SOD 4U

SOD GUY

4. VO Landscape Design

VO Landscape Design LawnSite Senior Member

GRS MAN :drinkup:

5. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

GRDWTR
    H2OMKR
    TRFH2O
    ERRIG8
    TRFMKR
    GRDIGN

something to think about may give you a new idea?

6. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

Wet Grs

Fak Ryn

7. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

On my truck, i'm going to put DSLand1 for DreamScapes Landscaping, and then on every truck after that will have DSLand2....3.....4.... and so on. I got the idea from JamesGatesLandscaping from here. -Mitch-

8. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

I thought of doing the same thing with a personalizes license plate. However, I believe all commercial plates in New Jersey must start with an X , so I never really looked into it.

9. JimLewis

Well, all the good ones I really wanted are already taken.

IRRIG8, IRIG8R, AND IDIG4U are all taken.

Of the other suggestions here and elsewhere that I came up with, I've narrowed it down to 2 that I like, that are not already taken.

1) BIG ROX

2) IRRG8R

I like #1. Particularly since I am a guy and it's got the double entandre thing going for it (what guy doesn't want to think of himself as having big rocks??? :) ) . But my wife says that's way too cocky. She'd be offended if she read it. And I don't want to come off as too arrogant. So I don't know.

Your thoughts on those two?

10. JimLewis

Here's what I ended up doing.....

Feb11_0001.jpg