Custom Reciepts?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cwmiller928, Feb 22, 2008.

1. cwmiller928

cwmiller928 LawnSite Member

Do you guys have custom reciepts printed up? With two copies. One for the customer and one for you? If so wheres somewhere i can get the printed up for a decent price. Online is usually cheaper anyone know?

2. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't mail back receipts after receiving a check in the mail:confused:. But I do leave a service call slip taped to the front door. I write a note that tells what I did and anything I notice (lawn weeds, thin mulch, shrubs that might need trimming, etc). You can get them at Staples or Office Depot. A book of about 200, which lets you keep a carbon copy, costs between $6 and $10.

3. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Thats what I use to leave for them or reciept paid but I use quickbooks to do monthly invoicing

scan0001.jpg

4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

The only time we use 2 part invoices, is when it's for a one time job.
    I go to staples, and buy an invoice book, the kind that is carbonless with 2 parts. I then print up labels with our company name, address, and phone number, and stick them on one full invoice book. I also bought a custom hand stamp in red ink that says, "payment due upon receipt". I stamp that on each page of the invoice book.
    Then Matt carries that invoice book with him in the truck incase he has a one time job and needs to leave a slip.

Other than that, i just print up the invoices at the end of the month for all our regular customers, no copy to us is necessary.

5. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

I use Staples for mine too. I think 1000 2 part was $130 or something like that. And like 1MajorTom said, I only use mine for one time jobs and a few customers that pay per visit. I made mine up like 4 years ago, and I still have 3-400 left.