Custom ride vs LS Full-Suspension Seat

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by tacoma200, May 20, 2006.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Just wondering how the ride compares with the add on (custom ride seat suspension system) and the more expensive LS full-Suspension Seat? I have the add on seat suspension, is the LS Seat that much better? Thanks!
  2. tacoma200

Glad I didn't ask a technical question. Surely someone has used both type seats and could give some feedback? By the way Exmark, I would give $1000 extra on my next Exmark if it rode signifiactly better. Lots of people love the Ferris ride, especially if they have back problems or lots of bumpy yards like myself. This is my second Exmark and ride quality is my only complaint so I guess that's not too bad. Love the cut, build, and handling. I let the air out of the last one to improve the ride but thats not possible with the new front tires and I don't want to go back to the flat tire days.
  3. chapjaal

chapjaal LawnSite Member

I Have both , the LS seat is much better but you can save $ 200.00 if you get it from Northern Tool.
  4. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

do both seats sit at the same height? I have the addon and it's ok. I did hurt my back the first day I used the thing though, I had it set too soft and was bouncing all over the place and something went. My only dislike is how high it sits, now I'm getting trees in the face.
  5. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

The LS seat in my opinion is a better ride. It gives you a little adjustment options for the back angle, which could help. The suspension kit is nice, but it is a little stiffer than the LS. I think the suspension kit sits up a little higher. But then again, I the last few that I rode with the LS were standard, so I can't be positive on the height with putting it on a LHP, etc...
  6. tacoma200

I guess I'm just used to sitting high now after using it so long. It helps alot trimming around stuff you can see better but doesn't help with low tree limbs. I got on a Scag with no suspension seat and felt very out of place being so low. I guess you just get used to one thing and its hard to change. I felt like I was in a go-cart with the Scag but a supspension seat would have put me up a bit higher.