Custom Spread/Spray unit for Exmark Zero

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Turfman999, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Turfman999

Turfman999 LawnSite Member

I have a custom made Spread/Spray unit for an Exmark Lazer HP. The unit includes a 8 ft. folding spray boom, JRCO spreader, 30 gal. fiberglass spray tank, coiled hose spray wand and all mounting hardware. The sprayer uses .5 gal. flowjet nozzles. I paid $2500 to have this custom made. Will sell for $1000
    This unit could be put on other zero-turns with minimal adaptation. Please respond via private message if interested. Thank You

2. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Any pics??

3. AustinLawnscape

AustinLawnscape LawnSite Member

Turfman - did you sell the spread/spray setup for your Lazer HP? I'm interested. My email is AustinLawnscape(at)comcastdotnet.

4. Mr.GreenJeans89

Mr.GreenJeans89 LawnSite Member

i wish it was more than 30 gallon tank.Got a pic?

5. Turfman999

Turfman999 LawnSite Member

Unfortunately I never shot any pictures. I have it off in a few sections. It was designed to be able to add and remove fairly easily. The JRCO spreader has two bolts and one 12 volt plug. The spray boom has four bolts that removes the folding boom with the 12 volt pump attached. The 30 Gal. hard tank has metal framework that inserts into two metal sleeves that are attached to the zero-turn. The only tough part is disconnecting the suction and return liquid lines. I can take some pictures of how the spreader mounts and what the other stuff looks like if needed.

6. humble1

from MA

take the pics i am building a unit this winter, i just ordered some perma green nozzles, i still need a tank and pump.

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

How does it handle hills or wet turf? Is it easy to apply dry fert & liquid at the same time? Any prob's regarding overspray or dry fert spread pattern? On slopes, is there any prob with the tank when it runs low? Are there any adjustments regarding spray volume & pressure? Is there an adjustment regarding ground speed? Any adjustment regarding width of spray?

8. jspray

jspray LawnSite Member

Proedge unit with 25 gal. tank and 10 ft. folding breakaway boom will mount to most all ZTR's. Can see at proedgesprayer.com.

9. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like the JRCO sprayer w/ the spreader mount in front.

10. humble1

from MA

yeah but you cant spread granular at the same time w/ that--