Custom trailer ideas?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by NYRookie, Jan 19, 2004.

1. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

I currently have a 16' landscape trailer. I use it for my 60" Exmark and other small mowing stuff. I also use it for towing my tractor. The tractor is too big for it. I have to back it on and let the attachment hang over the tongue. The gate is also getting tweaked. I have found a local trailer builder who will build me a custom trailer for a very good price.

I am thinking about an 18', 10,000 lb equipment trailer. It will have 2 ramps with mesh on them for the smaller stuff. It will have stake pockets so I can build sides for it. I will also put my trimmer racks on it. It will have a jack in the a frame so I can put a tool box on the front. I would like to hear any suggestions for the trailer. Here are some pics of my current setup.

2. dgram8

dgram8 LawnSite Member

Are you going to keep your old trailer? If you are make the new one just for your tractor or vise -versa . I'm have a new trailer just a 8 by 20 landscape trailer with 4 ft. sides it has a side gate and rear split gate. I'm adding two ft on the sides in front of the fenders forward and putting a mesh top on it at the fenders there will be a gate like a stock trailer so the front will be like a cage so it can be locked up no unloading
  3. NYRookie

NYRookie LawnSite Member

No I am not going to keep my old one. I was thinking about maybe a gate with reinforcement for the tractor?
  4. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a pic of my new trailer. I had a friend of mine build it from the ground up. It is a 18'er. I also have my other trailer for sale. It's a 16' . I just needed a little more room. Both trailers are set up pretty much the same,

5. imograss

imograss LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a pic of the 16' thats "up for grabs"

6. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Imograss
    how much are you asking for that 16' i am in the market.

''Once you have a Dodge,you will aways have one in the garage''
    Love it, that is so true in my experience.