customer account manager

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by wintergreen82, Jan 7, 2013.

1. wintergreen82

wintergreen82 LawnSite Member

Does anyone have an integrated customer account manager on their website. Similar to what a big company has. One where the client can sign in and add or modify service. I think this could be a huge feature but can not find info on this.

Also does anyone have a company app that they are offering for I phone or android? In the beginning stage of seeing if it is worth the time to spend the money on one.

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

Could you add some detail to this one?

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm looking for an invoicing system that does this. The only thing I've found so far is landscapebilling.com and I'm on the fence about them.

4. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Theoretically I'm meeting with an app developer Thursday. I'm interested in developing a pretty robust app but I have no idea what it will cost. If it lands where I think it will, I've considered paying to develop a basic framework and Kickstarter it. Goal is to have something that will allow for basic sales at an initial consultation, ideally making those sub-$5-8k planting transactions quick and easy.

5. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

If you're using Kickstarter as a target, you probably should familiarize yourself with their guidelines and then come up with another plan.

I've had this similar discussion no less than 25 times via Lawnsite. One of the biggest issues usually pertains to scope creep and the robustness of the customer mgt aspect. If you comb through the archives, you'll find quite a few "If I build the software, what would you guys want to see in it?". That's usually the last post from the person. lol

6. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm pretty familiar w/ Kickstarter. I assume the concern you have re: their guidelines is that they don't support a service? Ideally I'm looking to develop an app that stands on its own, which makes it essentially a product (and something they're good with). Sure, it wouldn't then provide me with a recurring revenue stream, but I don't really want a technology business.

So in other words, I don't actually give a crap what other guys would want to see in it :) This is for me first, but if other people would find it useful and are willing to kick in, I'm willing to share. It ain't like we're building rockets or other top secret stuff here.