Customer accusation of property damage

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by MLSHP, Nov 25, 2013.

1. TX Easymoney

TX Easymoney LawnSite Platinum Member

Not so...people and companies settle out if court all the time not because they are in the wrong, but to avoid court, which can be far more costly tk prove you are right...it happens all the time

2. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

When I read this to the woman sitting next to me on my couch, her response was, "WHAT!?! It's sad that people would even think that's true or would think that's how we are trained and how we interact with the families.".

3. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Wow she found a sucker. I would not have given her story a second thought, I would have demanded my money and if no pay file in small claims. Unless she has a video of you leaving the water on it never happened.

4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Wonder how a blower could turn on a faucet?? :laugh:

bump

5. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

It must have been a Redmax 8500
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. billc1004

billc1004 LawnSite Member

I was sued years ago by a homeowner who was a lawyer saying we hit the house by the garage major damage over $10,000 worth . Said he had a witness ,the man next door . Before court i told the witness i was filing charges against him. Thing was i had sold the lawn business 5 years before .. never even did his house !! . Here his wife had hit it with the car . They were just looking to make some easy money !!!!! go figure