Customer Appreciation

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by grass2cash, May 22, 2008.

1. grass2cash

grass2cash LawnSite Member

Do any of you guys (ladies too) reward those customers that make your job easier? By that I mean those customers who pay on time, offer gratuity, stay out of your way, etc. I purchased a few ice cream parlor gift cards and gave them to my preferred customers. I was not sure if I would be doing that this year but just wanted to get your ideas on what other forms of appreciation you offer to your top customers.

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I sometimes seem to forget to bill them for something I did, ooopsie. :p
    Other times I present less of an argument say in the case of a pricing or billing discrepancy.

But watch it, I only do this every once in a blue moon.

3. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

actually i have quite a few old ladies in one town, and i got the owner of the local beauty parlor to give me discount coupons for hair do's (sp)

free for me and the guy gets more business..... just got to be creative...i also get a few free golf passes that i hand out to the men on occasion...

4. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I add some freebies... maybe some annuals, touching up a mulch job no charge... that sort of thing. BUT... I always find a way to make sure they know they got that freebie, in a tactful, subtle way.

5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Sent Christmas cards last year to my good customers in appreciation of their biz. Hand written note.

6. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

I have a rewards program for a certain segment of my client base - most of whom pay well over $10K/year in grounds maintenance fees.
    Spring time they receive a free vehicle detailing certificate from a full service car wash place in a neighboring town.
    Summer time when it's hot, the couple will receive a series of coupons to the local cinema allowing up to six people to attend one feature movie.
    X-mas time the husband/wife receives some sort of gift - this year it is going to be gym bags with the company logo on it so they have a place to carry all of their extraneous golf or tennis stuff.
    All clients receive a card during Christmas.

7. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I did an annual "holiday party" spent about $2k on food drinks, ect...usually had about 100 folks show up...

8. therealdeal412

therealdeal412 LawnSite Member

Sending cards to customer's on holidays is a great idea. it's also inexpensive and the customers really like it

9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Thats what I do in the winter months, keeps me going when others are idel

10. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah customers that tell me "Good job" always get treated better. Customers that looked shocked when I give them a bill or say things like, "HOW many times did you cut it?" or "There's still leaves in the bushes" I'm pretty abrupt with.