Customer appreciation

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Reverend, May 17, 2002.

1. Reverend

Reverend LawnSite Member

I have been a loyal Customer to exmark and have purchased five machines in the last year and a half. I am having what I consider to be a big problem with my lazer. My complaints with the machine have been heard by the dealer, the distributor, and you exmark customer service. My discussion with exmark was well received as expected with your legendary reputation for service attention. On the other hand the distributor could have chosen better words in our heated conversation and my question to you before I file a compliant is, what authority does exmark have over their distributors?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Reverend,

Technically a distributor is an independent enterprise, owned and operated by private individuals and we have little authority on many subjects. Like I said technically.

From a manufacturers standpoint a distributor should be handled as you would any other business partner. We prefer to be less demanding than we are suggesting. Personally I've found that most of our distributors, dealers and landscaper customers respond much better when approached with honey rather than confronted with vinegar. All of our distributors whether I agree with certain decisions or business philosophies are good businessmen and will generally make the right decision even if you get off to the wrong foot with them.

The other thing I like to keep in mind is that Exmark, your Exmark dealer, your Exmark distributor and our landscape customers are all made up of many different people and personalities and not all of them mesh real well. I should know I can grate on just about everyone depending upon the day.

The best thing to do is call me at 800-667-5296 and let me know what is going on. Then we can determine what if anything we can or should do.

Thanks

Terry