customer appreciation

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Ken Kesey, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Ken Kesey

Ken Kesey LawnSite Member
    from Here

What do you give your installation customers as a gift for spending a small fortune?

Gift certificates? Expensive bottle of wine with cheese? Movie tickets?

How do you show them you appreciate their business with a gift?

2. TLP

TLP LawnSite Member

Any of the above would show that you appreciate your customer and would be a welcome touch I am sure

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I give them a receipt.

4. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I have always been on the recieving end of the tips from my work. Seems kind of backwards to tip them for letting you work on their prop.

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Give them something extra for the job. An extra couple of shrubs, a tree, gift certificate for flowers from your local nursery, if cold weather city - free winterization on irrigation, etc.

6. steve in Pa.

steve in Pa. LawnSite Senior Member

we always give our hardscaping customers a fruit basket at christmas hand delivered to the door.

7. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Ditto that. Personally, I send out X-mas cards to all my regular mowing customers (even the Jewish ones, very politically incorrect). I suppose for a large install job, you could offer some follow up service, such as pulling weeds, at an attractive rate for the customer. Just a thought.

8. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

We always send out hand written thank you notes. And, we ask them to send us a friend.

Peace,

Rex

PAVERSINSTALLED.COM

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I give what elephantnest gives, a reciept. Does the guy who delivers the sod for the install show up with a bottle of wine and some cheese?

10. Grimace

Grimace LawnSite Member

I hope some of you are joking. A little courtesy goes a long way. People remember the guys that go above and beyond whats expected.

Grimace