1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Customer back from Iraq

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Schlepie, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Schlepie

Schlepie LawnSite Member

I know that alot of you guys are doing comp. lawn services for for persons stationed abroad for the war efforts. I only had one lawn that I have been doing since the war started and he has just recently returned. This gentleman was stationed at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar. In a card and package sent to me by he and his wife stated....

"Thank you so much for taking care of our lawn while I was deployed. It meant so much to me to know there was one less thing for my wife to worry about. I had this flag flown on the first day of the war. After some thought on what I would do with it, I realized it would be fitting to give it to someone who helped my wife and I out so much when I was gone."

In the package was an American flag, neatly folded, with a certificate stating that the flag was flown in an F-16CJ on the first day of the war while patrolling the hostile skies of Iraq. It was also signed by the pilot.

Hope your experiences with your freebies has as good an outcome as mine.

2. Moguy

Moguy LawnSite Member

That was a pretty rewarding experience I'm sure and quite generous of you to help out as you could.
  3. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

That's great. It's nice to help someone out, and then that much better when your recognized for it. You get the good feeling twice.
  4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

That's a nice experience. Thanks for sharing that with us.....:)
  5. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

i can honestly say that i am as proud of you as i am of our soilders.

keep up the good work
  6. turkp15

turkp15 LawnSite Member

Your a good person for helping them out.
  7. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is a very nice present and a nice thing you did. Enjoy the flag and fly it with pride!

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that is so a nice gift. I would display it where everybody could see
  9. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

Good for you!
    Fly that flag with pride.
  10. dougmartin2003

dougmartin2003 LawnSite Senior Member

that is cool