customer base

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawnboy6062, Apr 8, 2005.

1. lawnboy6062

lawnboy6062 LawnSite Member

I'm just starting out and i have a few customers, but im trying to get more. I don't know how to get any new customers. Any suggestions?

2. Eho

Eho LawnSite Member

How many customers do you have now and how did you get them? Usually word of mouth is great but it takes a while to get that coming in. Do a good job with the lawns you have and it will come...it might take time but it will come. Several times during the year people drive by and see the work I do and ask me to mow for them. Also, flyers work well and are really inexpensive. I would suggest you put out as many flyers as possible( expect a 1-3 % call back rate on these) and get some work that way. Good luck to you
    EHO

3. lawnboy6062

lawnboy6062 LawnSite Member

i have 3 customers but its just the beginning of the season. how do i make the flyers by the way. thanks

4. derek1

derek1 LawnSite Member

If you are not familar with computers you may want to go to your local kinkos or your local print shop. There is also if you search other guys who have posed there flyers to this site to give you and idea of what yours can say. Microsoft offers free templates on there website and clipart and pictures are a dime a dozen on the internet.

5. jarroo's lawncare

jarroo's lawncare LawnSite Member

my dad makes my fliers on microsoft word, their not too flashy but they do get people's attention and work very well.

6. ksdonnelly

ksdonnelly LawnSite Member

I started mowing lawns in my neighborhood when i was in 6th grade. I started with 2 yards and now I am a freshman in college with 15 yards. All of the yards were refered by neighbors so I never had to go find more customers.