customer blamed!

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kbcjlc, Apr 24, 2002.

1. kbcjlc

kbcjlc LawnSite Member

I mowed for my customer and they blamed me for causing the grass dying. I took a look at it and since a week and half, it spread everywhere. The whole leaf are dead. I must be thinking it is grubs but it can not be because it must start in small area and then spreadly slow. I think they put too much nitrogen or it may be some kind of diease that i will have to look it up.

customer have not kick me out but to ask me why these are dying. I asked them who do the fertilize and they said his son inlaw do it but have been done it every year. I told them I will find out exact what the problem is.....

Keith Cook

2. anthony

anthony Guest

keith:were are you located?
    here in the northeast (n.j.) last week it was in the 90 deg. range and some of the lawns that i treated showed signs of burn from the spray matt. (battleship ) ....

and a few lawns that i DONOT fertilize showed signs of mower burn from cutting grass in the heat while the lawn is very dry...
    can you thae a digital picture and post it?
    anthony

3. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Ant- Its not burn its bruising with the mower. Just liek driving on it frozen or frosty.

4. kbcjlc

kbcjlc LawnSite Member

Anthony,

I will take the pixs tomorrow and post on website. It all turns brown.. I mean the grass is all dead!

Keith

5. kbcjlc

kbcjlc LawnSite Member

one more thing, the lawn is locate in Western North Carolina...They use turf-type tall fescue.

If overseed too much, will it causes to burn it? That might be one reason.

Keith

6. kbcjlc

kbcjlc LawnSite Member

Ant- here is the pix

Keith

0426_001.jpg

7. Pacific Nursery

Pacific Nursery LawnSite Member

Looks like a fungus from here. Look at some of the leaf blades near the dead spots. Or take some samples into your local fert dealer. Lesco has been good to me about helping to id probs.

8. anthony

anthony Guest

keith it looks like a burn form a application...

this is ray kerby's neck of the woods....maybe he will check out this post.
    ant

9. anthony

anthony Guest

it looks like a application burn.
    ant

10. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

Looks to me like it grew too tall and then got cut really short.

Somebody call Garry!