Customer Bonus

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CJB2693, Nov 13, 2000.

1. CJB2693

CJB2693 LawnSite Member

I have been thinking about next year giving like a little bonus to customers. The idea was maybe if they referd me to another person about a job that they get one free cut. A limit of only one per person. i just wanted to know what everyone else thinks and if they have any ideas or comments

2. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Thats not a bad idea. I usually do small extras to show my gratitude like weedeat a small hill or something like that. I'm thinking of giving movie passes next year. I've heard of others doing that.

Mike
    Greenkeepers

3. Scape Sculptor

Scape Sculptor LawnSite Member

Maybe give a $10-15 discount on another service or their next cut.

4. lawnMaster5000

lawnMaster5000 LawnSite Senior Member

As an incentive, you could give a small gift certificate, xx% of labor costs, or maybe just $10. I think that it would be wise to only give certificate after signing the new customer. The "one time only" also works, but then they have no incentive to recomend you further.

5. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

This has been a topic before, I would suggest not to give any free service at all or cash bonus for referal. What we found in years of trial and error found the most affective way to reward your customers is give them a gift certificate to a local resturaunt, then they can go out for an evening with friends or family. Also talk to owner of resturaunt and see if he will work with you on quinity gift certificates. We get our $20.00 certificates for $15.00 and has been the best route from our customers and they have siad this was a wonderful idea and please keep it up! Many company's in our area have now relized this is the best way to reward customers and are using the same routine.