Customer called at 11pm last night

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by kootoomootoo, Apr 7, 2005.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Customer called at 11pm last night.........Wanted to make sure she was on the list for this year. She rang back at 11.05pm to make sure I kept doing her yard every year unless she moved. :)

Been a wierd year. I "lost" aka disposed of about 20% of my customers ...some because I put their prices up 50%...some were just pains in the butt...some didnt pay etc etc ....Let somone else deal with it. Too many local guys with professional fliers to become el cheapo high volume lawn care.

2. jajwrigh

jajwrigh LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Martinsville, IN

Had someone call me at 2am last year about some mowing work....thought that was really wierd...

3. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Call her back at 11:10 p.m. and let her know that she is on the schedule till she cancels.

Thanks,

Dale

4. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

I call a lot of my suppliers and peopel that work for me in the middle of the night -- expect to be able to leave a message. Hard for me to make calls during daylight hours. Maybe she expected the phone not to be answered.

5. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

I never call a customer before 9:00am or after 9:00 PM I think that's only polite.I also inform my customers that I wont be available by phone on Sundays ,or before 8:00AM and after 9:00PM weekdays unless they have an emergency water leak or something. i got sick of the phone ringing at all hours.It has worked very well for me anyway.

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

only a scrub gives thier clients thier home phone number

7. EGL&L

EGL&L LawnSite Member

My clients have the numbers for my office, cell and my home. Many of my clients know where I live, and in fact I sit down (in their homes) and talk to many of them.
    I treat all of my clients like family, and know that they appreciate it.
    I am certainly no Scrub.

8. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

yup, your right.

Bobbygedd, your pretty stupid. Just because a client has your home phone number, doesn't mean the person is a ******* scrub

9. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Perhaps not but an answer like yours proves it.

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i guess some of us have "friends" and others of us have customers. that is pure scrub crap when you start giving your clients personal info like your adress and phone number. rediculous, that's why lawnboys get treated like pee ons, CUS NONE OF YOU ACT LIKE BUSINESSMEN