Customer called pitching a fit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by michigangrass, May 26, 2003.

1. michigangrass

michigangrass LawnSite Member

A new customer we just signed 10 days ago called just minutes ago stating that its been 10 days since we've been to her house. She was pitching a fit and asking "are you going to cut my grass or what?

:mad:

When we signed her, she repeated over and over and over that she only wants the lawn cut every two weeks. She also made it clear that she did not want to see her statement with anything other than 2 cut per month.
    So, my first question to her was..."how many days are in a two week period?...exactly...I'll see you Thursday."

:confused: :eek: :dizzy:

Yeh, my first mistake was signing this fruitcake up. I knew better than to sign another bi-monthly...we've been discussing moving away from it...but I find it hard to turn down new customers...$$

2. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I also have two customers the same way. The accounts do not make or break my company. I just show and do the work, hoping that the will quit. No luck yet.

3. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i have a couple biweekly accounts. They don't hurt as long as they know it is every 2 weeks. If they want it cut more they call and i send a bill. Most of mine are right next to full service accounts so it is easy money for me.

4. SWD

SWD LawnSite Senior Member

Nope, no way I will put up with that bull#$%^!
    They call with the attitude, not only am I gone, but they get a bill for it.
    No pay - talk in front of the judge!

5. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Had one call Sunday and she could not believe I cut her little lawn and insisted that all I did was edge and weed eat. Like a Patsy I went over on Sunday and knocked down her front yard at no charge. That was before I looked at the schedule and the half empty bag of fertilizer that had been applied. Go figure. No more By weeklies

6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

In your post you mentioned it was a "she". Let me guess, she is an elderly woman, right? I avoid elderly women and Indians like the plague.

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

lol Ditto!!!

8. finish line strips

finish line strips LawnSite Member

People that want there yard cut bi-weekly are trying to save money, so what i always do is charge them for 11/2 cuts in otheres words if i was going to charge them 30 a mowing i would charge them 45 per mowing because lets face it you are going to have to mow them 2 times in order to make there yard look nice.....but yeah i know what ya mean you hate to turn work down...

9. michigangrass

michigangrass LawnSite Member

Bob

She wasn't elderly but you nailed it...indian.

10. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

After about my sixth Indian customer, I realized that they are all the same. "Give me $100 worth of work and I'll give you $10 in cash!" I had one customer(Indian) that paid me with 2 rolls of quarters, each roll was missing 50 cents. I'll never take on an Indian customer again.