Customer came to my house.. I don't like it.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ballstar, Oct 17, 2007.

1. ballstar

ballstar Banned

Picked up a landscape renovation last monday. Told them it would take a few days to get prepared. Rain all last week, had to catch up on mowing. Left message Thursday. I don't work weekends, but they decided it would be a wise idea to call and leave messages saturday and sunday. Yesterday, picked up trailer load of brick and gravel, blew a tire. Spent all day getting it back to the shop. Left message. Today, while installing new tire, customer comes TO MY HOUSE to ask when I would be there. Claims he never got my messages. I told him to learn how to use his telephone system, and asked him how he got my address.. it's not in the phonebook. Seperate address from business add. He told me that he asked around town. HOLY CRAP!! Anyone else have customers dropping in like that?

2. verant

verant LawnSite Senior Member

no, but thats weird. i hate when people don't check their massages or u can never get a hold of them.

3. paolaken

paolaken LawnSite Senior Member

yes, small town here and i live on main road just outside town. i have 5 acres and my shop is just out back. it's no secret where i live and work out of.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

a bit creepy. Is there a creepy guy charge in your contract? =)

5. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

i live way in the middle of nowhere and all know where i am at sucks espcially because they say my lawn is nicer than theirs. I tell them to cough up the money

6. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

are you sure you have the right phone # . if you do be careful of this type of customer... he'll be the first one to come to your place when the job is slowing down do to weather or what ever. might be better to just pass this job.good luck.

7. gammon landscaping

gammon landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

not to be rude but do you have somthing to hide, i always like to know where the people i do buesness with live. helps when there is a problem and you can't find them. i was always told you keep things up you never know when someone may stop by

8. SwihartServices

SwihartServices LawnSite Member

The creepy guy is probably reading this thread too.

9. ballstar

ballstar Banned

Well, I had the right number. He told me that he actually didn't know how to use his voicemail (older guy). Of course, I don't have anything to hide, but when I am at home, I do not want to be bothered with work. Work is work, home is home, and I like to keep it that way. I deal with customers enough as it is.

10. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

so how much money did he give you up front for this job?