Customer complaint: Finish my lawn before moving to the next!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eddie B, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

On solo days, when doing a number of lawns on one culdesac, I often mow all the lawns first, then trim. A customer complained today, he wants his lawn complete before I move onto the next. How do you guys do this when running solo?

2. Master Po

Master Po LawnSite Member

I do the same. If he is a valued customer or if he pays well, I would attempt a compromise.

3. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I do the same as you do. Saves a ton of time. Explain this to them. It's not like your gone for half the day with clippings left all over there driveway and sidewalks. I would never never let a customer tell me how to mow my yards. Thats why there paying you.

4. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Did he give a reason why? If he insisted, I'd probably have to drop him. I feel that's an unreasonable request. If he couldn't understand why it was being done that way, then I'd explain that I can't meet his needs and ask if he'd like me to continue until he finds another LCO.

5. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like an annoying customer to me.

1. Say ok, but it'll cost you 10$ more per week. IF yes good, if not...
    2. Get rid of him, sounds like a dorken head and future PITA

6. jimslawns

jimslawns LawnSite Senior Member

What about mowing towards his house (mow him last) Trim away (he gets trimmed first) that way you end up doing his house as the first unit completed and you don't leave his property?

7. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

SOUNDS LIKE THIS GUY IS ANOTHER WANNA BE STUFFED SHIRT SNOB..........BUT BEFORE DUMPING HIM EXPLAIN HOW YOU DO THINGS AND THAT JUST LIKE HENRY FORD DID .............YOU DO YOUR LAWNS ASSMEBLY LINE STYLE TO KEEP PRICES IN LINE AND EFFICIENCY UP. OR.................DO ALL THE OTHERS FIRST EVERY TIME THEN DO HIS DEAD LAST. payup

8. SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

JIM YOU BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH :angry: .................................OH WELL ITS ALL GOOD

9. launboy

launboy LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

you want to know what to say i'll tell you, you say, "hay pal do i come to your place of buisness and tell you how to do your job, NO, i don't. so go back in your air conditioned aboad, wait til im done and then come out and roll around in the beautifully cut lawn. :D

10. arborist-28

arborist-28 LawnSite Member

his request really doesn't make alot of sense to me .. unless his yard doesn't get completed which doesn't sound like the case @ all ... I would try to explain the reasoning behind your work habits and maybe he will reconsider...if he won't then there is definately something wrong with this guy and wouldn't be a costumer that I would want to do business with if I didn't have to ..c