1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Customer Complaint

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dgreen67, Jan 10, 2008.

1. dgreen67

dgreen67 LawnSite Member

I just wanted to run this by some of you for your thoughts. I got a call from one of my commercial customers (chiropractor) who was complaining about his leaf pick-up bill. I billed him $270.00 for 4.5 hours of labor (2 men working). This works out to $60.00 an hour for 2 men. I charge $45.00 per hour for one man. He said that this was outrageous for unskilled labor. I wanted to ask him if he ever questions his customers about their bill, but I didn't.

What would you do?
  2. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell him to go fly a kite, I charge more then that for leaf cleanup. You are paying for your equiptment, trucks, insurance, workers comp, etc etc etc, id be telling him if he didn't like it he can invest in a rake and crack his own back.

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I would drop him....after beating the hell out of him.
  4. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Hey bud, i wouldn't worry about it, but I would at least have tried to solve the issue in a respectable manor. Wish you well this year.
  5. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Did he ask for a price before hand?
    Did you give him a "ball park"?
    Have you done this service for him before?

Lots of "variables" but it is TOO LATE for him to be complaining AFTER YOU'VE DONE THE JOB!

6. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Go over thie price before you start work.
  7. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds like good advice !!
  8. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Yes ... if you did this, he has no room to complain !!
  9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

*******Unskilled labor^%^%^^ GRRRRRRR that is one comment that sets me off in a rage!! I despise these college educated?dr. jerks that think they are better than us. I don't handle these kind of customers near as well as I used to after getting insulted. Get your money and forget this guy!
  10. SchultzLawnCare

SchultzLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

DROP HIM!!!! after you get the money of course!