1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

customer complaints

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by vaacutabove, Sep 11, 2012.

1. vaacutabove

vaacutabove LawnSite Bronze Member

I will let you know the last one the one I posted about is a land lord. I hate working for them. I Don't do any work for him on rental just his house when I first picked him up he said he has been through a lot of other companies. Just last month he said this is the best his yard has ever looked. It just drives me crazy.:hammerhead:
  2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

If the lawn looks good, you have been doing your job. If that fact is not obvious................. Ghost applications do not kill weeds or make the grass green.
  3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

You forget Homeowners judge a lawn different than you do. They expect to see green grass and no weeds. They don't see half of what we see with our Educated Eye. Call it the Disneyland Symdrome.

4. kbrashears

kbrashears LawnSite Senior Member

If I pick up a new account, rule 1 I convey to the customer: don't call or ***** for the first year. Resist the urge. I know what I'm doing and I can't solve years of neglect in six weeks. If there is a major problem, I'll call you.

Works like a charm. Be upfront and honest with them early. Explain that you don't forget anything when it comes to doing applications and timings everything.

I love it now when we get a new, crappy yard in late April or May.....used to hate it.