1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Customer Databases?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by khutch, Jan 24, 2004.

1. khutch

khutch LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have EXCEL, so I am looking for a program to create a Customer Database. Trying to save $$$ for equipment, so I would love to find something that's simple, perhaps free.....
    Any ideas?
    15 accounts but growing.......
  2. James Cormier

James Cormier LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

get mirosoft works, cheap & easy, It will have spreadsheets,database and wordprossers
  3. rosebud

rosebud LawnSite Member

I started my lawncare company with just 2 clients. I now have a database with over 130 names. Being that I run my business with nothing short of a buggy, its quite an accomplishment. I use a Sony handheld and a cell phone to schedule my customers. Because of medical reasons I'll never drive, but if I could, I'd be mowing every yard in the state. I use Works and have been more than happy with the results. I do wish that I could sync some of the Works database records to my palm on an "as needed" basis though, so that I could bring certain customer history's with me when I'm on site. Now, I just print out the specific customer record and bring the hard copy with me when I go.

DR powerwagon
    1-33" Craftsman walk behind
    1-20" Craftsman walk behind
    1-Stihl BR400
    1-Stihl BR420
    2-Craftsman twist and edge weed eaters
    1-Craftsman 16" chainsaw
    1-Craftsman tiller
    1-Toro snow blower
  4. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

you can do that, its what i do. i have a hp5455. I had to download a program called quick veiw plus. it will open microsoft works data bases and spreadsheets.
  5. yardsurfer

yardsurfer LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

How long ago did you start? And how long did it take you to get 15 accounts?