1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Customer decides whats fair

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike (MLC), Jun 21, 2003.

1. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

I was looking in our local online classifieds today and came across this ad:

****** You Set The Price:Lawn Care Service *******
    I am looking for a few yards to mow on the weekends and in the evenings. I have a full time office job and need a little extra money and the exercise. I will do it for what YOU THINK IT IS WORTH! No need to ask for an estimate, just ask me to come mow it. Thank You! (***)***-**** Curtis

I don't know about anyone else, but if I asked my customers to come up with their own price, I would probably end up making about $5.00 a yard!!!!! There is only a few people in this world that would probably give you a reasonable price, everyone else wants their yard done for practically free. I am just starting to "love?!?" :nono: the new competition.

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

That ad doesn't surprise me one bit...in fact, I know someone exactly like that who does the same thing.

3. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

It takes all kinds in this world unfortunately these people don't have a clue. There was this ad in the service directory of the Tulsa World 6/21/03 NAME YOUR OWN PRICE ! talk about ignorance.This section of the newspaper allready has credibility problems , based on what my own customers have toldme :dizzy:

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

whoever responds to that type of ad deserves that type of lawn care.