customer didn't pay late fee, send another invoice for the late fee?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by IMAGE, Apr 16, 2008.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

Hey guys,

I have a customer that I plowed thier driveway this winter. They once were 2 months late on a payment, and I waved the late fee. They conviently paid thier oustanding bill the day of a big storm, because otherwise they would not of got service. And they left me a message saying to take care of the place until the end of the month, because after that was sold.

So we get one more storm, and I plow it. Send the invoice, no response. Official Payment due date is March 5th. But I dont charge a late fee until at least ten days late.

So on April 1st I access a late fee, a whopping $5.25, and send another invoice asking them to pay to keep it out of collection. Mind you they never gave me thier forwarding address, so I send it to the old address hoping they have the mail forwarded.

Well today I got the payment in the mail, with no return address listed, and they enclosed the amount of the service, and the original invoice (not the one showing the late fee). I have to assume that they did get the invoice showing the late fee, but that they still had the old one sitting around, and did not pay the late fee on purpose. This just totally pisses me off.

I know its only 5 bucks, but do you guys think I should send them another invoice showing the current balence outstanding of $5.25, and include another late fee if they dont pay it within 30 days?
  2. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Smart arse once said: Know when to say when

Move on, don't look back. Welcome to the biz
  3. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

They got your new invoice! they just being butt holes and aint going to pay. I know it pisses you off but what can you really do? atleast they paid the original bill, its better then nothing.:hammerhead:
  4. IMAGE

IMAGE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from midwest

yeah its only $5, but it just pisses me off so much that I am gonna have to have a few drinks tonight, and those Morgan Diet Tall Double's aint cheap.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Oh man I done been down this road so many times...
    That's just ONE of a list a thousand long, of things customers try and try and try and try and try to get over on you.
    I mean it never ever ends.

And everybody always thinks I'm such a bad guy...
    But now you see where I'm coming from,
    and no offense meant.
  6. Dripit good

Dripit good LawnSite Bronze Member

Let it go spud.
  7. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldn't even bother making a post about $5 but it would still bother me and I would also have a few drinks, lol.
  8. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Image, I know how you feel. I wouldn't worry about the late fee. Being the a**hole that I am I would probably send them another invoice for the late fee just to irritate them. I am a lot like you on this type of stuff. I get hot-headed real fast when I think someone is trying to pull a stunt.
  9. supercuts

supercuts LawnSite Silver Member

ive been dumping customers like that
  10. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

When i was in the residential business, I have leined houses for $5, just for the principle of it.