1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

customer doenst like how i mow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mikeshere89, Apr 25, 2004.

1. mikeshere89

mikeshere89 LawnSite Member
    from iowa

look at this lawn and tell me how i could cut it differently, my customer is very dissapointed with the lines in which they are going she seems to think the should follow the sidewalk. customer is always right? i told her that if i did this it probably wouldnt draw your eye to the house, she said she didnt care. so i guess next time i will go with the sidewalk and see what she thinks of that. anyone else have any ideas?

2. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks nice to me, they sound like one of those people that are just never happy.Try going the way she asked and see how it comes out.If it makes her happy (even if its not as nice looking) i would do it, unless you really dont want to keep that account.
  3. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Next time, do laps around the house. Seriously, if she doesn't like the way you striped it, do it paralell with the walk like she wants. When in doubt, give them what they want.
    Meanwhile, she'll probably be getting compliments on her nice lawn, so she may change her mind.
  4. hole in one lco

hole in one lco LawnSite Bronze Member

Tell her your mower only makes strait lines and if you follow the side walk they wont be strait.:D :D
  5. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Looks good to me.
  6. mikeshere89

from iowa

here is another photo.

7. mikeshere89

from iowa

ah why not one more

8. Ray & Karen

Ray & Karen LawnSite Member

I would do as the customer asks, but would point out to her that it is not healthy for her lawn to mowed in the same direction everytime.
  9. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks good to me, but if she wants it with walk, do it as long as she pays for it. Its her lawn. Id rather have the stripes.
  10. battags

battags LawnSite Senior Member

The only time that I would refuse to do as the customer wished would be if it gave my work a bad reputation. For example, I refused to cut a lawn today because of how wet it was. The homeowner really wanted it cut but to do so would have left nothing but REALLY bad ruts, stuck mowers, and mud everywhere. I may have lost him as a customer, but nobody will every see me leaving a lawn like that!

As for your situation, don't worry. That's a great looking lawn and most people miss the finer points and the 'art' of mowing a lawn, such as the direction of the stripes.

Nice cut!