Customer Education

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Kevin1, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Kevin1

Kevin1 LawnSite Member

I am looking for leave behinds or brochures to give to the customer. Topics included are information on each fertilizer app., core, lime, watering, and mowing. The brochures would incude information on what each services is and whay it needs to be done to help keep the lawn healthy.
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

What are you asking?? If its opinion your looking for, i think its a good idea and i think it will work for you.
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

There are a few companies that make the leave behinds your talking about, can't remeber off the top of my head. They cover just about everything, aeration, pestcontrol, fert, irrigation, and the benefits of proper mowing height
  4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Some info is ok to give your customers..but giving away info that makes you more knowlageble in the work you do than they are is not advisable.
  5. Kevin1

Kevin1 LawnSite Member

Sorry I didn't say it clearly. I am looking for a company that manufactures them.
  6. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

I forget the name of the maybe? I checked into them, very pricey.

I'm going to be designing my own brochures and giving them to customers, just describes the benefits and some of the process of the work to encourage up sales.
  7. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

8. TforTexas

TforTexas LawnSite Senior Member

Lesco carries a full line of leave behind brochures. They have them that are for follow up like Today we aerated your lawn..... this is what you should do. and We noticed your lawn sure could use aeration, because...... call to schedule your service. They have them for all sorts of situations watering, seeding, fertilizing, tree and shrub care, even routine applications or We did your nieghbors lawn today hand out ad pieces. They are real good they have each one in two styles one is cartoonie and one is photo realistic to match your logo or company image.
  9. chimmygew

chimmygew LawnSite Senior Member

How about just printing up a monthly newsletter to give to customers?
  10. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

Yeah I like the idea of brochures giving tips on lawn maintenance. The customer will remember the tip and know who's brochure they got that tip from, and may give you a call down the road if they run into trouble if they do it themselves.

I have seen newspaper articles sponsored by a contractor that provide tips on whatever service they provide.