Customer email, had a feeling. ughhh They were good paying clients.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by soloscaperman, Apr 18, 2011.

1. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

Got 4 new clients and so far lost 2 so far. One was a store and now this customer.

Hi James. Hope all is well. I have some bad news. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to hold off using your services this year. Not sure if you are aware, Gloria got laid off last November, and between that and the massive truck repairs, things are extremely tight right now, and a major struggle. Plus the fact that I have close to $3,000 of equipment that's just sitting in the garage, makes it crazy that I'm not using it. So I'll have Elias help me until he can do it completely on his own.

Sorry for the late notice and I hope you'll have a profitable summer, especially with your new company name.

Alex

2. soloscaperman

What I don't get is why can't they sell it and use the money for me and by then wouldn't the wife have another job?? They are very nice and rich people and they invited me to a few parties in the past. I hope it wasn't that kid that threw the rocks in the bag and hire him for cheap. Just don't get it. 3 years I only lost about 4 customers.

3. TuffWork

TuffWork LawnSite Senior Member

Customers can come and go sometimes. I've been fired by people and had them call a couple of months later and hire me back. They thought they could find somebody better and cheaper. They thought wrong.

4. soloscaperman

I hope the son doesn't mow the neighbors lawn because I mow that lawn as well. It's a huge lawn and the front has a crazy hill and that John Deere tractor ain't going to make it, very dangerous for the kid. I feel like crap now.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Tough times for everyone, maybe they are not as "rich" as they appear to be. Plus, if the kid is getting old enough to mow, then maybe they figure he should be helping around the house. My parents would never have thought about paying somone to mow their lawn, that was my job as soon as i got old enough. Don't feel bad, we have all lost them this way.

6. soloscaperman

What the hell they got art paintings worth thousands, why can't they sell there mower and us that money to pay for my services until the wife finds another job. The husband is an accountant. This sucks sorry for me bi*** I never lost a good customer before.

Raising gas prices in a crappy economy should be illegal. I hope someone shows the ceo's of the oil companies a lesson.

7. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

NEVER burn bridges! Wish them well and keep your feelings to your self (and remember if they were to google your name this post will appear) Money is tight for everyone. This happens to all of us and they will be replaced soon enough.

8. soloscaperman

I didn't burn the bridge, learn that from you guys a few years ago. I told him I'm here for him and if he ever needs help I am only a phone call away. I told him also I hope the family is doing ok. This is what happens when you get mentally close to a customer. I mean mind wise. I gotta keep thinking I'm here to make money not friends.

9. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

It's part of the game man. You are the last thing on their minds right now. They would rather worry about themselves then worry about keeping you employed. I would do the same thing, when times get difficult you have to cut out the luxuries. Don't worry dude, this is part of the mowing business game. They let you go because of tough times, not your quality of work. Don't beat yourself up. Move on.

10. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

"I gotta keep thinking I'm here to make money not friends."
    Yes, and remember this very well, the customer ain't your friend! I have lost 6 so far this month from job losses to someone cheaper. Its just tough times right now and who knows, he may very well call you back at sometime.