customer for next year

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by THIESSENS TLC, Oct 8, 2012.

1. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

The lady said she wasnt impressed with their trimming around some of the edges, she said it was too short.
    Im the same way, I would've never gone to her door to try to sell her my services. Because if I wasnt respectful, I probably would've done that years ago. It does suck that i will be mowing next to these guys, but oh well. I guess i'll maybe move her to a different day to try and avoid confrontation. I'd like to be able to get along with these guys, but ya just never know how they'll take it. Im sure I'll run into them eventually.

2. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

So what I'm understanding is that since I didn't approach her there should be no hard feelings?

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Exactly. She wanted a change. No big deal. You didn't go searching her out. If the other company has a problem with it, then they have bigger problems than just that.

4. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys for reassuring me that i wasn't in the wrong. I'm new to this industry and always turn to this site for any and all decision making i have to do i really appreciate it!

5. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I agree also. You can't be turning down work just because she has someone else now, as long as she came to you. I'm good friends with a couple of other LCOs in my area and if it was one of them servicing an account I would feel uncomfortable about it, but not just some LCO I see around but don't really know.

6. bel-nor

bel-nor LawnSite Member

You gave bid which was right, because of the business you offer. She accepted great. Now beyond "wanting someone local" try and find out what wasn't being done,what was missed, overlooked etc. Then the other three you (if you want to keep them) got make sure they don't have any complaints that you don't know about. Oh the other company(s) want give a rats a$$ about stepping on your toes.

7. THIESSENS TLC

hey i noticed you have a 2008 silverado, well i have an 08 as well and have been trying to figure out why theres a clunk coming from the front end when i take off, reverse and steer at the same time, take off too hard etc. not sure what it is. just wondering if you've heard that noise too. sometimes its loud, and other times you can barely hear it.

8. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Check driveshaft u joints.

9. OldMan56

OldMan56 LawnSite Member

Could you have done a trade? Give him one of your accounts next to one of his if you had one. A win-win. Is this kind of thing ever done?

10. THIESSENS TLC

well, i had the u-joints replaced about a year ago because thats what i thought it was...i even got the good ones i can grease with a grease gun. but its still making the noise. i heard it might be something to do with the steering yoke or something like that needing greased....