1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

customer gets angry cus i want to get paid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jul 17, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

funny how different people act when it's time to pay the bill. this one customer was called when she was a day late. claimed she never recieved a bill (a lie) we then told her the amount, and to send it in.she said ok, fine. then 2 weeks go by, no check. i called and told her we are cancelling service. she says but she never got a bill. i say i told her how much it was, and she didn't send it. she's being cancelled till bill is paid, then must pay for every cut we missed during this collection period, if she wants to resume service. she says but why is it so much, i don't understand??? yea, ok, the old "chase my tail game." it aint happening. i went to cut her neighbors yesterday, i see a rusty old push mower in the middle of the lawn, she's pulling, and pulling, and pulling the string. it aint starting (she's like 75 yrs old.) i guess she thought i'd feel sorry for her?? nah. another one, very unusual request. client has 5 large trees, 4 flower beds. requests that i mulch 3 of the trees, and 2 of the beds. i explain that it would look very odd. she insists this is what she wants. i spoke with her husband about her odd request, he said just do it like she wants. ok, fine. she sent a check, with a little note, "you did not mulch all the beds, and you missed 2 trees. here is payment in full, please finish the works as we agreed on." yea, ok, right away lady. they will kill you, but only if you let them

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

My life is too boring!! All I do is cut grass and people pay. What fun is that!