1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Customer gifts

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GrazerZ, Oct 18, 2004.

1. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

Just wanted to know if you guys give gifts to your customers?
    We do for our larger commercial accounts. The stuff we give out isn't magnets,cups etc. and it does'nt have our name on it either. I try to give unique stuff like those little swiss army knives ($10.00) people love those. Or special type golf balls to the golfers. We do give really nice pens to our big customers @$40.00 each. I have found that peole love to get free stuff. Its a good way to stop in for no reason except to just see how they are and say we apreciate working for them.
    My new plan is to give out high end tulip bulbs to folks that I know like to garden.
    Any Ideas you all have found to work well for improving or developing customer relations? By the way, when I give folks stuff I never do it around a holiday, they will remember it more when its not mixed in with stuff from other contracters.
  2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

they should be giving you gifts
  3. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I'll take that as a no..