Customer Impressed with Double Blades (so am I)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNS AND MOWER, Sep 27, 2002.

1. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Switched over to double blades this spring and have been real impressed. Havn't had to do much mowing of wet grass due to the drought. Put down my fall apps 2 weeks ago and have had plenty of rain to follow (Thank you T.S. Izzy). Pulled up to this older ladies yard yesterday. She's chased me away in the past because she thought it was too wet to mow. Grass was wet, but mowable. Had to get it done because I'm going out of town for 4 days and didn't want it hanging over my head. Was very quiet while unloading my mower and took off mowing. Grass was lush, but the doubles torn right through it and only left a few hairballs. Lady came out when I was through and was amazed at how nice the yard looked. She couldn't believe there wasn't clumps of grass all over the place. Told her I had "special blades" and went on my way with a check and slab of homemade cake in my hand!!!

LAWNS AND MOWER

2. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

You sneaky devil!

3. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

hehe was the cake good :D

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Couple of times I have taken a spare Gator blade out of my toolbox to show a customer this is what we run on all our mowers (and doubles in the Fall as well). They see and know there is a difference between them and normal mowing blades...especially if they have mowed their own lawn at all in the past.

I guess seeing is believing...

5. cglservice

cglservice LawnSite Member
    from Ky

ok gents enough is enough i have been ready post about this subject now for awhile,
    I am going to put a set on in the morning and try it out .
    let you if i get a piece of cake to :D

6. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

:D Chocolate Poundcake:D

LAWNS AND MOWER

7. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

I've been running doubles all summer, and i'll never go back. it was actually one of my customers last year that introduced me to the gator blade. i run them on top. none of my customers have said anything, but most of them don't know much about mowers or mowing. i have shown a few customers the gator blade and they were quite impressed by its appearance. i think it helps if they know a little bit about what you're doing.....that you're not just some guy that rides around on a mower all day and gets a check weekly. i want them to know there is a lot more to it than that. A LOT of thinking, and A LOT of learning. i learn something new everytime i read a thread. all thanks to you guys :drinkup:

8. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Yeah...... You can't fool us..... You're just hoping someone will give you some cake or brownies, after showing them the blade:D
    Pete

9. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

Hey where do you guys get your double blades from. I can't seem to find them anywhere i look. Do you special order them? :dizzy:

10. kppurn

kppurn LawnSite Senior Member

There are no special blades.
    Just use two regular blades in a + formation.