Customer Incentives???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Esby, Apr 11, 2001.

1. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I'm starting something new this year. With my spring letter that I send out to all of my customers I also included 3-4 business cards. This was the deal I offered. For every new season contract that they may generate, I would grant them a $20 credit to their account. I just told them to keep me in mind when they are talking to their friends and acquaintances. A little incentive for spreading my name. We'll see how it works. Have any of you done anything like this? Does it sound like a good idea?

2. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

I've thought about this too as a way to stimulate growth for my lawn treatments. I started this year in this end of the business and thought about offering half off their next application with a friend signed up who gave me one of the business cards.

3. AltaLawnCare

AltaLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm trying to come up with something too. I need to boost my marketing, ads and flyers aren't generating enough calls. I thought about a free mowing for a lead thats generates a job, but this is would be a problem if te customer has a big lawn.
    I just ran a search on this and I think this is the only post.

4. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

I give a free week of service after the new customer stays active for a month. It has worked really well for me and I don't have a limit as to how may times they can do this. One customer has given me 3 referrals and she has a $60/wk account. The 3 referrals she gave me were for higher than her lawn. Occasionally I will get a referral at a lower rate but it works itself out in the end.

5. AltaLawnCare

I brought this back up, because I found a similar discussion in the elements of business forum.
    I going to try to get through this season with no incentives. I'll put that lost revenue towards more flyers.

6. AltaLawnCare

7. Lawnman69

Lawnman69 LawnSite Member

I currently advertise deals for Senior Citizens, volunteer firefighters and POW's, its a great way to get alot of new bussiness and show your apprication towards some of our people who deserve the credit. The referal program works very well also. If you want any information or have any other ideals email at the addy below. Good luck everyone.