1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Customer incentives

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by redbuckcavs, Jan 3, 2008.

1. redbuckcavs

redbuckcavs LawnSite Member
    from indiana

I will be mailing a ''renewall'' notice to my customers later this month with the option to receive a prepaid discount.I thought about adding an incentive to my existing customers if they "help" me get new accounts---- lawn treatments only. Does anyone offer a similar program and how does it work?
    I.E.--- If a new customer mentions this add YOU will receive a free lawn treatment

Thanks in advance
  2. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

yes we do.
    Actually every time we mail them something and everytime we are on their property they get a Customer Referral Coupon.

We do not give free applications but instead offer a dollor amount discounted on their next application.

So, we are on Mr Homeowners lawn. We leave him his invoice. Along with his invoice he gets a seperate sheet with 4 coupons printed on it. Mr Homeowner puts his name on the coupon (or all 4 is nice) and hands them to his neighbors, co-workers, family, friends etc etc etc. The neighbor then call us and tells us Mr Homeowner is happy with our service and he is interested in a price quote for hs lawn. If the neighbor decides to go with our service he gets $15 off his first application AND MR HOMEOWNER ALSO gets $15 off his next application.
    So now we picked up a new customer at a cost of $30.
  3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

We used simlar deal for years. Gave away a free application to anyone who found us a new customer--it worked well. Sometimes had to enforce the $50 limit for a big lawn.
  4. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I hand out Customer Referral Coupons

It consists of $20 off of both the person making the referral and also the new customer.

This year I am also adding a FREE Perimeter Pest Control app for the person making the referral.

I am adding the Free Perimeter Pest to them in the hopes they will add it later when they see how well it works.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

And it only cost's you about $1 in chemical's :clapping:
  6. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I had several homes this year that I gave Free apps to and after they seen the results they added the full years service!

Did a home this year by accident (miscommunication on my part) and the homeowner wasn't upset but wished I hadn't applied. I told them not to worry about payment but they said not a problem and paid me anyway.

About 2 months later the customer called me and asked that I add them to my yearly Perimeter Pest Plan. They claimed it was like someone flipped a switch and bugs went crazy. Treated and they were happy!

If time allows this year...I may try and do a lot of FREE apps for my "better" customers.

Seeing is believing when it comes to Perimeter Pest apps.

Big $$$$$ maker...and get great responses from customers about it!

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I agree! Alot of people I run across haven't heard of this service & are skeptical. Seeing IS believing! Seeing all those dead bugs allover their ft. porch really makes believer's out of them:clapping: With the extremely low chemical cost & quick application time, it's one of my favorite & most profitable add on's:usflag:
  8. Puttinggreens

Puttinggreens LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from southeast PA

By a perimeter app., are you just making the app to the perimeter of the house foundation?

How many times per year are you treating the home?

Actually I am thinking about trying this at my own home before offering it to clients. What is the product of choice?

Thanks for all your help!
  9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Yes, I only spray the outside foundation of the home. Spray about 3-4 ft up the house and about 2-3 ft out from the house.

I personally spray 3 times a year and use Bifenthren and alternate with Suspend.

Hope that helps!