Customer information

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by mothernature, May 13, 2005.

1. mothernature

mothernature LawnSite Member

Just exactly how much information do you take from your customers. Obviously, you have the home address, unless they are rentals then you would have the business address and the service address. But just on a regular home to be serviced, do you take their work information--phone, cell, address?

Reason I'm asking, I know of a situation where the customer did not pay and had to be taken to court. She could never be reached at home, so attorney was asking for her work info, luckily the LCO had it. But, I'm just wondering if most customers balk at giving that info...>Thanks

2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I dont ask for work info or cell, but if they give it or call from that # anytime I save it. It can be useful. I had one that iddint pay and I called her house and said "I realixe you get paid on fridays, so i will stop by work, you still work at (name of company) dont you." When she got my message she said she would send a check and to never call her again. I got my money, money I know without a doubt i would never have received without the threat of going to her job and making her look dumb.

3. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi mothernature,

I guess you could always ask for a daytime contact number and they just might give you their work # just in case you need to contact them.