1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Customer information?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by outrunjason, Jan 19, 2004.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

When a customer calls do you have a sheet you fill out for customer info? Name, Address, Phones, type of grass, pets, backyard, pool, etc?

Do you just use your software to enter the customer information?

The reason for this question is I have a sheet that I created using word and when the customer called I would fill it out. After the first cut or whatever I would enter the information into the computer.

So, I am sure everyone has some type of form they fill out. If you do I would like to see it cause I really need a new one.

Here is the one that I currently have.

Attached Files:

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I like the idea of keeping a detailed record of the clients. I sort of did this in my head last year, but am thinking about keeping better files on them this year. I think I will be doing something around the same as you are. Looks good.
  3. kris

kris LawnSite Bronze Member
    from nowhere

I really like the idea ... for me bid hours would work instead of price. With some modification, It is something the foreman/woman could also keep a copy of. Good job!
  4. outrunjason

from dallas

Hmm, I was thinking I needed a new one. But seems like I might keep it.

I never use it once they call. I just put it in a binder with an account number.
  5. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

I like yours. I use a 3 ring binder. I really like your logo. You do that your self?
  6. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I really like the one you have. Do you mind if I alter it and use it for myself?
  7. outrunjason

from dallas

No you can alter it. Just take the logo off. I got the logo from a lady who does all my print work. All my T-shirts, envelopes etc have that same logo.
  8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi OutrunJason,

Great post and I liked your logo too.
  9. yardsurfer

yardsurfer LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Yours seem to be fairly good already. I was thinking of doing that exact same thing. Do you mind if I use yours also?

I like the idea about asking what they didn't like about their previous lawn service if they had one, I think that would play well.

It would show the customer you care in fixing what they didn't like, and it also wouldn't sound like they were just a need in a haystack when it came to you mowing their yard.
  10. outrunjason

from dallas

Yeah, its fine to use it.