1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Customer Invoice

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by acamp53472, Oct 11, 2009.

1. acamp53472

acamp53472 LawnSite Member

I've had a customer for a few months in which I do basic maintenance cut, edg, trim, and blow Biweekly service and left an invoice for $50. I always put a due date on the invoice and IO give all of my new customers 10 days for payment. This customer was late the first month but did pay after making a phone contact. Now, I left an invoice about 3 weeks ago and still no payment. I've sent a past due invoice and have made a phone contact. I left her a phone message about payment for the invoice and the customer hasn't returned my phopne call or I haven't recieved payment. Here's my question Can I legally put a lien against her property that I provided service at? I mean how could I prove that I provided the service since this is a still new customer? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Bob_n_weave

Bob_n_weave LawnSite Senior Member

Lot's of people having money problems. Do not cut her grass again untill you get paided. If you don't get paided just write it off, no big loss. Not worth the hassle.