1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Customer is always right?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irritation, Aug 4, 2011.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Not in this biz.

Just got off the phone with an irate customer. From his description it's a maxi-paw that quit rotating and, according to him, I missed it during spring start up.:rolleyes: Said his grass is dying.:) Wants me to repair at no cost to him.:hammerhead:

Most understand that a 20 year old system is bound to have failures but some think spring start up will ensure a trouble free system all summer and if a problem arises, it's my fault and I should come back and repair for free.

I tried to explain it to him how it is but he didn't get it and remained pissed off. "Will, you just lost my service and I have no problem losing PITA customers. I turn down more new customers that are closer and have newer systems".

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

it is your fault - get over there and fix that system ;)

3. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

" if I had the ability to see whats going to break in the future do you realy think I would be working in the effing mud"?

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Surprised he didn't blame the "Lawn Guy" lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. irritation

You're right. :cry: Should I replace his lawn too? :)

6. irritation

Not me, it's always the sprinkler guy's fault. It's either too much water or not enough sometimes both.

7. Wet_Boots

I always liked the "sprinklers killed my lawn" after a new border planting blocks the only sunlight the lawn was receiving

8. irritation

No, it's "I must have a leak" after they build a bed that works like a dam.

9. Wet_Boots

I used to think "extend a bed" meant a horizontal spread, but I learned that it can mean dumping a foot or more of fill over heads and valves. :mad:

10. irritation

Adding or extending beds should have nothing to do with the design of the sprinkler system.:rolleyes: