Customer Letter

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by regnort, Aug 13, 2003.

1. regnort

regnort LawnSite Member

Alright, this is just a rough draft but tell me what you think.

Dear Valued Customer,

Due to the heavy amounts of rain and heat this season we will be instituting a new method of lawn care. Instead of hoping to cut and finding 2" to 3" of standing water on all our properties, we will be using handheld gas powered sprayers to delivery a strong dose of herbicide to your lawn. As an added benefit we will not be charging any extra for this service. All contracts will remain priced the same. You will still receive your monthly billing statement and we will continue weekly services. There are also plans being made to offer this service in bedding areas and on all shrubs pricing has yet to be determined. We thank you for your patronage and hope this will cause no inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Reg

P.S. please feel free to stop by and have a drink as this should greatly increase our efficiency and allow more time for ice cold consumption.

Well, what do you think? I think this could be a real money maker!!!!!

2. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

:confused: Translate please!!

3. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

Ummm...??? Toss that out the window and start from scratch. My eyes would be bulging out of my head if you sent me a letter saying that you want to put down a strong dose of chemicals to my lawn and keep my bill the same when I don't know what they do. Also take out that last line about stopping by for a cold one. If you have a store front then you can keep it, but it should be doctored up a LOT.

4. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

LMAO!!!!!!!

5. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

Whatever it is you're telling the customer, if I were he, I'd tell ya not to bother, don't come back, I'll find someone else.
    If you try spraying whatever un-named chemical is on my property, you'd better have bail money handy.

BTW, what are you attempting to explain you're wanting to do, what chemical, and why would you want to do this?

6. regnort

regnort LawnSite Member

Ding, Ding, Ding

Bastalker you win the prize, the rest of you guys lighten up it is a joke

Reg

7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

what a waste.................:angry:

8. Rustic Goat

Rustic Goat LawnSite Bronze Member

regnort,
    Just a suggestion about your attempt at humor.
    Your 'letter' was posted without any mention of it being meant as a pure joke.
    The way it read, you were asking for opinions, no smilie, no 'that is what I'd like to do' or anything. Just a really dumb sounding letter that made the writer sound even dumber.

Let us in on the 'joke' next time in the same post,OK, and there won't be any attempt at trying to help this poor guy, or time wasted besides your own. A homeowner happening by the thread would really have a dim view.

BTW, not funny, just stupid.

9. regnort

regnort LawnSite Member

Man, I really feel sorry for you guys, of course it was a stupid post and so ridiculous that noone should have ever taken it seriously. I was just venting a little over the fact that a large percentage of my props are between a river watershed and a bay and the rain this year has really kept them wet. And furthermore, if a homeowner just happens through this forum and sees a post he doesn't understand who cares that isn't who this forum is really for anyway. There was no attempt to humor anyone but myself here. I hope you all don't really take yourselves so serious away from this forum, that would surely lead to a miserable existence. By the way I forgot to add, for those props that are too large to walk I will be considering an ariel service possibly even hovercraft.:confused: :confused: :dizzy:

10. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Oh so you created a thread to entertain yourself?

What a waste!!!

Where is that IGNORE button?