Customer Lines That Bug Me

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PROCUT1, Apr 16, 2005.

1. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

" Wow.... YOURE not the CHEAPEST guy"
    Sorry I dont know how that got into my advertising.

" Damn, I could buy a lawn mower for less"

" I could get my grandson to do it for less"

" My father was a doctor and he didnt make $50.00 per hour"

" I get my car worked on for less"

" How can you charge me $40 for less than 20 minutes work"

" 2 guys and a chipper and a truck for $100 per hour????? Thats $50 per hour each and I worked 20 years and never made $50 per hour.."

" I can get it cheaper somewhere else "

" I mowed the lawn and it takes me 1 hour, and you want $30.00??????? I should start cutting lawns if you guys make $30.00 per hour"

LETS HERE SOME MORE HERE GUYS

2. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

You do a much better job than the last guy I had.

The last guy I had was only concerned about getting paid you seem to care about the quality of your work.

Wow you are here when you say you would be.

Wow you are an American!

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

"We're going on vacation for 2 weeks...you can skip cutting the lawn while we're away."

4. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

And what do you tell them ?

5. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

Two weeks ago a lady took a look at us while we pulled up and said,

"I can see by the looks of your truck that I can't afford you."

Well she quickly found out that she could afford us.... the same price as the "after-work-part-time-neighbor's-grandson was doing it for. Only now she gets it all done at the same time and can count on us to be on time every two weeks.

6. rodfather

I say to them point blank, "your grass doesn't stop growing just because you're not around" .

7. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Frequent callers saying

" It dosent need it"

We have a system where each crew has a route sheet that they clock in and out of each lawn.... The driver signes the route sheet after each job is complete....... The supervisors also have a route sheet that later in the day they verify that the lawn was done...... Then the supervisors sign the sheet....... Only when a house has two signatures will the bookkeeper put the cut on the invoice......

STILL WE KEEP GETTING CALLS EVERY YEAR SAYING " I mark on my calender when you guys come and no one came the week of the 12th"
    Im not paying for that..........

8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I had a lady for 3 years that I did every Thursday around 10:00 in the morning...Well sometimes you get behind because of weather or what ever so we show up at about 12:30 one day and she said you can't cut my lawn between 12:00-3:00 because thats when I wash the car.
    Good bye lady. :waving:

I had another lady this year I gave an estimate to that told me what 3 days of the week were not good for her,I'm thinking what are you going to do come out and help us.

9. Kickin Your Grass

Kickin Your Grass LawnSite Senior Member

We get that alot....

10. rodfather

Good one Larry. I get the same kind of stuff.

I schedule a 1 day mulch job and the customer says they won't be home that day. I look at them straight in the face and say, "well, unless you were planing on running a wheelbarrow with us, what difference does that make?" Then I get the look of the stare into the high beams...you know what I'm talking about LOL.