1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Customer Log

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PrecisionLandService, Jan 7, 2004.

1. PrecisionLandService

PrecisionLandService LawnSite Member

Whats the best way to keep track of your customers? We are starting to build up more and more weekly lawn customers and im not doing as good keeping up with everything... How do u all go about logging in mowing dates and things that customers request so you dont forget what they wanted done? And also so you dont forget to bill them for all the work you have done for the month...
  2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I wish I could help but I struggle with this too. Looking for ideas :(
  3. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

I dunno the best way but I use an appointment book planner that is organized into monthly and weekly views.

the month at a glance space is a little small but you can plan things looking at weeks ahead.

the weekly pages afford alot of space for appointments and notes.

I have a complete record of everything that goes on.

of course, this method probably wouldn't work for a larger operation.

4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I keep a written log of work performed in a Daytimer planner that I get form Staples or Office Depot. All billing is done on the computer (I use Deluxe Invoices by My Software). As far as when a customer calls to request something, I just jot that down in a notebook. Same with calls on the ans. machine.
  5. satxmow

satxmow LawnSite Member
    from tx

check out the pda topic on elements of bussiness forum
  6. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I keep track of customers using index cards. Each customer gets his own card with any other needed info such as price or possibly address. I find it valuable when planning my week. I sort the cards according to which days I will be doing them. I also write the day I mow them on there plus any other additional charges they might owe me for. I find this to be an easy way to deal with the number of mowing customers I have. I only have 39 now days but I used this system with as many as 125 customers before.
  7. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

Here is a daily log sheet that I came up with that I use to keep track of who was mowed and on what day. I also use it to keep track of mileage and gasoline usage for the trucks and equipment. Hope this help.

Attached Files:

8. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Got a blank sheet with your name on top!!??
  9. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

It didn't go through? What's your e-mail, I'll try that.
  10. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

Invest in a software program. The time they save you alone will more than pay for the program cost. They do automatic routing, scheduling, billing, etc...
    They also will generate your daily route sheets for you. Do yourself a favor and invest in a program.