Customer Loyalty

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KenH, Apr 15, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I had this customer for approximately 15 years. She is an older lady, alone, on a larger piece of property (1.5 acres).

She leaves me a message (her first call this season) to call her back.....I call her back that night, no answer, no machine. I call her the next day....blah, blah, blah, Ill be there in a few days.

Get back from work tonight to a message from her......."I checked my caller ID, you didnt call last night, I cant wait 2 days.....I got someone else."

That was the message I got after 15 years of service..............In all fairness to her, mentally, over the years, she was getting progressively worse......

I didnt care about the account, as she was a pity account anyway. I called her back again on a matter of principal, told her to march over to her caller ID, and check for my CELL phone number, not my business line number. "Oh, your number is there."

Sorry Mrs. X.......I can no longer service your property.

Just goes to show you, there is no customer loyality....even after 15+ years.

2. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

Ugh. That hurts.

We've been making it a point to try to get a little more face to face contact with our customers this year to try and prevent something like that from happening.

We've already lost one to her son, and another to "the kid next door." :realmad: