customer loyalty.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Apr 26, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i have this one lady, her grass for some reason doesnt start growing till late april, so we schedule her one cut in april. she recieved my paperwork, with a $2 increase, and here is the call i got:" hello bob(sounding real cold), listen, you been doing my lawn for 9 years, so i wanted to give you THE OPPORTUNITY to lower your price. i have a flyer on my door from a company who will do my lawn for less money than you were doing it for last year, then, you go and raise my price. i will give you till wednesday to call me back and lower your price, or, the new company says they will start friday. let me know" HA HA HA HA HA HA. yea, ok, i'll get right on it. i CAN'T WAIT, i just can't wait till they weedwack her pool, don't show up in the heat, and run over her stupid rediculous perenials. when she calls me , oh....about july 25th, i'm gonna tell her, "ya, sure, i'll take u back, i need to be paid for april, may, june, and july first."

2. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

haha....yeah, oh and u need to charge the Admin fee for mid season additions to your schedules.

3. rclay11541

rclay11541 LawnSite Member

2$ increase and shes bitching!?!?! wow i cant belive you put up with her for that long.

4. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Bobby is that the only way you would take her back is if she paid you from April? Or would you just tell her the price would now be $3.00 more plus the $2.00 increase she complained about so now it's a $5.00 increase? :waving:

5. Adamma Landscape Group

Adamma Landscape Group LawnSite Member

Bobby,
    If you had this customer for 9 years why do you want to loose her for $2? She sounds like a very good customer. If it is because of the gas price why don't you increase price for all your new customers. :waving:

6. bobbygedd

from NJ

adam, WHY? because i WILL NOT allow my clients to dictate my fees, or my procedures. THAT, is what is killing this industry. and shawns....yup, she can pay me all the backpay, or hire jethro for a smooth $20. doesn't matter to me even a little. these people must understand that THEY ARE EXPENDIBLE!. the whole world is my marketplace, why do i need her?

7. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

A bold statement, but true nonetheless.

8. Sweetwater

Sweetwater LawnSite Member

Bobby,

I agree, you gotta stick to your guns. I lost a good one this year to a lowballer. At his prices he won't be able to keep mowing for long. Along the same lines, I dismissed a customer last week due to slow payment. I gave the names of 7 other guys who work for half my fee. I would like to see his place in a year.

9. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Bobby
    is there ever an instance where you would drop you price for a customer? :waving:

10. bobbygedd

from NJ

and this, is a fact, THEY ALL COME BACK, THEY ALL COME BACK, it never fails. they never run though from me over price, it's always something else, but they all come back. i can't wait till she does, and i stop over and bark at her and her fat useless unemployed son.