customer made me an offer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Nov 27, 2005.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

do you see anything wrong with this offer? i was at a clients house today cleaning leaves. there is a truck for sale down the street, that i stopped and looked at twice. well, the owner of the truck pulled up today, and offered me the truck...in exchange for lawnmowing next season. he said, " i'd love to be able to pay you to cut my grass, but, i can't afford it. i'm recently disabled, and can't mow it myself anymore. i've noticed u stopped twice to look at my truck. it runs perfect, i'll be glad to let u take it now, in exchange for mowing services next year. you don't have to mow it every week. mow it whenever you want, as long as i don't have to worry about mowing it." i would make out BIG TIME because the price of the seasonal hackjob mowing i'll give him, compared to the price of the truck, works out greatly in my favor. anything wrong with doing business like this?

2. Lowe Mowing

Lowe Mowing LawnSite Member

nope thats a steal

3. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

I say go for it. Even if it worked out to be an equal deal for each of you then it would not be as much money out of your pocket as if you paid cash for it up front. Who knows you might get a couple of houses beside him to cut next year also.

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

what kind of truck is it if you don't mind me asking?

5. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Ide like some details on the truck too!

6. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ok, look, i can't tell everything. i'll give you the basics- it has 4 wheels, it's a pickup truck, and...it runs on gasoline. good deal or what?

7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

works for me, good running truck for a few mowings, ide go for it!!

8. Lawn Masters

Lawn Masters LawnSite Senior Member

I got a client offering me pretty much the same deal, since I NEED a truck bad anyhow, its a decent deal. mine's an 84 F150 in decent shape.

9. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd probably take him up on the offer.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I'd be all over that like white on rice Bg...seriously.