Customer made up a quote from me for bushes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dlandscaping, Jun 29, 2004.

1. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

There are probably 30 bushes, ranging in size from 4'diam to 8 x3. They are all in beds of new red cedar mulch, that we put down thin ( another long story about these cheap people, paid by yard). This is to cut them, 9 of the larger ones need to be cut down a foot to be under a window, and then to pick up and haul away the clippings. $125. All they said about the bushes in person was well talk later about them and the ones in the front need to be cut down under the window. Now they are putting a quote in my brothers mouth, and I was there everytime we talked to them. They were new this year and gone this year.

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

You win some and you lose some. Just keep plugging away.

3. dlandscaping

from mass

Should I send a letter or just not show up for the rest of the year. I dont want to call them.

4. EastProLawn

A letter, then I would call...

5. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

Forget them. If they are going to jerk you around, then jerk back and dont ever show up again.

6. Prot1

Prot1 LawnSite Member

East Pro Lawn is right. Imo is unproffesional to just "not show up". Chances are they will give you a lot more bad word of mouth if you dont show up than if you are upfront and honest with them. Good luck =)

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

make sure you're paid in full, then don't show up or call. or, what i would do, skip them one week and call them with an excuse, then do it again the following week. then, when it's 4 feet tall, just don't show up or call.

8. dlandscaping

from mass

I think we are paid in full or down 1 mowing, but I rather lose the $27 than talk to these people after they lied for the second time. First time spring cleanup they said were debating about mulch, we do the cleanup and they call and say you didnt turn up the mulch. 2 weeks later we put new mulch down anyways. I think we will just not show up to teach these people a lesson.

9. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

that's the spirit. maybe they won't screw the next guy. don't listen to these do gooders, they keep us down, and show the customer they can p1ss on us.

10. EastProLawn

Bad boy, Bobby, bad boy. LOL:D