customer makes changes on her bill

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Jun 6, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

ever have them cross out the total, re do the math, and send in a check for less? man was i p!ssed today. i sent bill out on the 15th, one was for 4 cuts. she crosses one off, and writes, "you weren't here on that day," and sends a check for 3 cuts. gone, see ya. another one just doesn't send a check at all. i called. she says, "well, i didn't understand the bill." i'm like, scuse me....this doesnt mean you just skip paying it. it's 5 days late. u need to call and ask if there is something u don't understand. who the heck do these people think they are? ever have this happen? they are both off my schedule asap. maybe i'll extend the same respect they did, and i'll notify them of cancallation, in like 3 weeks when the lawn is up to thier knees.
  2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

yep, in regards to the one who said you weren't there, i call that a Silvestri.
  3. Firstclasslawn

Firstclasslawn LawnSite Senior Member

LoL how funny, Man I wish I could afford to just throw accounts away like you do
  4. Ax Man

Ax Man LawnSite Senior Member

Gee Bobby you sure do get some beautiful customers!

I get the occasional whiner, and have been stiffed by 2 in 17 years.
    1 died, no $.
    The other refuses to pay finance charges after he took 4 months to pay a bill ( I dropped him when he was late 2 months, he did end up paying for the services I performed)

I guess you are better off with out them
  5. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Like i have been saying all along, a flat rate per month is SOOOOOO much easier. Then you can or cannot be there and it dont matter. I would let customers go if they questioned my integrety and i knew i was RIGHT. Bobby may not be able to do this i understand. I think i would look at the very much continual issues you are having bobby and re-evaluate the situation here bud. Either your billing is confusing, your scheduling is confusing, or you need to let your wife run the PR and books and you need to just mow and GO before getting a chance to speak to a soul. JMO though.
  6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

When they start telling you that you weren't there for a certain cut, when you know you were, it's time for them to go.
  7. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Disagree, if you tell them the exact time you were there [to the minute] because you logged at your arrival and departure it usually ends the discussion and you get paid.
  8. zmak

zmak LawnSite Member

Drop asap. how many customer didn't have a problem reading or understanding your bill. After you miss her for the second week and she sees how much growth there is she will know what a mistake she has made.
    good luck
  9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I have a customer that pays $70 a month, and about a year ago she paid $68.75 for no apparent reason with no explanation. To this day she pays the correct amount on time. I have no idea why she didnt pay th $1.25 that one month.
  10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

my record keeping is flawless. my policy is that on our log sheet, no one is documented as "complete" until after the work is done and i'm back in the truck. if i get a bill, and there is something i'm unsure about, i call to discuss it. i wouldn't dare just alter the bill and send in a lower payment. gone, goodbye, adios, see ya. and i won't even have the courtesy to inform her that i quit. accute cut, my bills ARE very complicated. it's like this: 5-7 cut, $30. 5-14 cut-$30. 5-21 cut $30. 5-28 cut $30. $120 plus tax =$127.20. payment due date 6-1. very complicated