Customer Marketing Idea

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Team Gopher, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

A lot can be learned from the marketing strategies of Real Estate agents. When an home owner lists their house with an agent, that agent sends post cards to all surrounding neighbors to advertise the house listing.
    This is something you could do when you sign up a new client to service. You could send postcards to neighbors in the surrounding area to promote the homeowner's lawn at 15 Main Street is now being serviced by you and your company.

2. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

Not a bad idea. What I do is sort of the same thing, pass out flyers stating that TWINS Lawn Care is now servicing your area, kind of thing. Thanks for the tips.

I think if you can especially get additional customers, without having to reload up the truck, you are gaining great profit potential!

3. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

Since this is different in the fact that the real estate company puts a sign in the yard and usually a LCO doesn't, do you think that listing the address would require the home owner's permission?

I like the twins program where they are flyering the neighborhood. Sounds like it would be a good idea to maybe flyer the neighborhood 2 or 3 times, maybe every other cut on the new property.

I think people will pay more attention to flyers than post cards, I may be wierd but I usually pull all post cards out and toss without even looking at them.