CUSTOMER NICKNAMES..Why Did I start this thread?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PetalsandPines, Nov 19, 2002.

1. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

You can pretend you don't do this but everyone has done it or does it. Maybe some one gives you cookies on your lawn route and she is the cookie lady, or maybe some soda and she's the soda lady, or the old lady that stutters and sounds like Andrew Dice Clay, so we call her "Dice".....This may be an awful thread to start....but I know you all do it!!! (And it is in good humor too).....(Cow Lady) (Dog %$6 Yard) (Prostate Guy (Don't Ask)........Obviously we don't call our customers these names, but when your co-workers as what we are doing today...what's easier? the addresses or nicknames:D

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Lol!!! I love this topic! Im sure every company does this. When I had American Employees We had "he he lady", old man grumpy the the Hippies. Now with my spanish speaking crew (please excuse my spelling) we have Loco pero casa, cat senorita and Mucho weedo casa etc. The funny Part.....All I have to say are there nicknames and My guys know exactly wich house the work is going to be done at :laugh:

3. ScotLawn

ScotLawn LawnSite Senior Member

I've had my fair share. Two of them were always the best and never were mistaken for anyone else. they were "old guy" and "crazy lady". Kid that worked with me never remembered names. He knew the schedule, but never the names of the people. it was always the yard after the "old guy" or before the "crazy lady"

Scot

4. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

Funny, I got a "Crazy Lady" too! ..And a drunk lady. Oh and i cannot forget the one I hold dear to my heart...BATTLEAXE!
    Oh and then there is "Bingo Boom" once again,don't ask...Oh yes Finger Lady....Gave my buddy the finger one day, and I almost died laughing. Can't forget the hot chicks we see all day long, they are called "Monsters". And then there is the blind lady
    (well half blind) God Bless her soul, I won't pick on her too much....but she she asks me every week after September 15th if this is the last cut of the year!!! I figured she wouldn't bother me if my truck was a color other than RED:D

5. Alan

Alan Member

Had a couple here too, one was a plow customer with a name we never seemed to be able to remember. But, he was from Australia and we sure could remember him as "Crocodile Dundee", not derogatory, he was a really nice person and we enjoyed working for him.

The other was a real stuffed shirt, retired college professor. had these calling cards with his name and all his degrees listed on it. "Joe Blow, PHD, IHMSA, ASPCA, ETC." Used to call him Alphabet Soup, said sarcastically. It was obvious his education made him inherently more intelligent than us working types. Parted ways with him after he got upset when his mosly bluegrass lawn renovation didn't pop up in two weeks. It was "obvious you did not use adequate seed". I wrote a relativly pointed letter that informed him of germination rates and times and that I didn't appreciate being accused of being a cheat.

6. LakeSide Lawn and Landscape

LakeSide Lawn and Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I think everyone has a (crazy lady):laugh:

7. 1stclasslawns

1stclasslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I had an old house that had been remodeled into 4 apartments and the owners even called it the "palace" then there was the WWW wicked witch of the west. and "v"6 when the old lady groped every time at us she whined like a early 60s model v6 starting.
    And I can't forget "the queen" but I knew when her massage was every wendsday so thats when we were there if at all possable.

And I have the sweetiest little "granny" you would ever want to meet shell talk you to death and dosent complain ever and thats the truth.
    :angel:

Jim

8. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A

My wife loves to rename people we work with. Well she named this one guy Bob. She continued to call him Bob for over a year. Every day six days a week. One day this guy is leaving a note for a super on a job site and he signs it..................Yep BOB!!!:D The notes on a big peace of card board he turns around sees what hes done and says.... OMG I am Bob!!!!!:eek: I fell down LMAO!

9. Floridalandcare

Floridalandcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Tampa

I have soooo many nicknames I cant remeber them all , have 8 yards on this one street with the most beautiful women I always tell my employees Id love to lay down with them ,know we call the place Lay Down Lane , I think we have a nick name for everyone .Good thread ,it shows how close we all really are .

10. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

We have one old guy we call "Hank" because he reminds us Hank Hill's father from King of the Hill. He has the same haircut,attitude and even has the same limp when he walks.

Ray